BWT Precision AutoTrader for NT8
Blue Wave Trading first offered our Automated Trading Tools almost 20 years ago and we are still here, serving many happy traders. The BWT Precision Autotrader for NinjaTrader 8 is a state of the art trading tool that automates the most used tasks in manual trading using a proven volatility based algorithm and allows for addition rules and filters such as Open Range Break, Trendline Break, Breakout Box and more.
Let us help you Get Funded with our proven methodology, settings are provided, but do know that the BWT Autotrader is NOT a hands off, set and forget, set and walk away, trading continuous all day and night, any type of full automated trading bot or software. That said there is no substitute for the speed and efficiaency of the automation our software provides. Please see the BWT FAQ for the most asked questions.
Click Playlist to See List of ALL BWT Automated Trading and Indicator Videos.
BWT PRECISION AUTOTRADER NT8 Algorithmic Trading for NinjaTrader FEATURES
BWT PRECISION AUTOTRADER FEATURES – All FUNCTIONALITY BELOW IS 100% AUTOMATED
BWT PRECISION AUTOTRADER
Algorithmic Trading for NinjaTrader FEATURES
TRADE MANAGEMENT: Keep Profits and minimize losses
- NO OVERFILLS – A dangerous Condition caused by low level programming that may cause an order to be filled because other orders were not confirmed to be cancelled or other conditions in fast markets.
- BWT Trade Manager – Allows 1 button click to move or trail stops, drag stops, close positions enter OCO order, Move to Breakeven and more
- Trail Stops by Bars, Ticks, Profit Percent, or Volatility Stop
- Unique Trail Stop Reset – Reset up to 3 levels of Trail Stops to reduce risk and lock in profit
- Change ANY Parameter in our Config Panel no searching for parameters
- Mix and Match Trail Stops – Start with trail Stop by ticks
change to trail by bars, ATR or Percentage of Profit at desired profit level
- 100% Automated Trading Mode – Fully Automated Entry, Exit and Money Management, Profit Targets Trail Stops and Daily Goals
- Manual Entry Mode with Automated Money Management, Profit Targets and Trail Stops and Daily Goals
- Long or Short Only Mode – Automatic Signal Execution one direction + automatic trade management
- Realtime Combination of Manual & Automatic entry + automatic trade management
- Realtime interaction and control of automatic trade management
- BWT Precision Trend Algorithm
Our Original Universal Volatility Based Algorithm Trades any Market, Bartype or Time Frame
- BWT Line Break Algorithm
A Custom Algo Designed to effectively Trade Line Break Charts
- BWT Breakout Box
Draw a Zone on any chart to enter a position only if price enters and exits the “zone” can be long or short only or both.
- True Entry by Stop, Limit or Market order, Add Ticks for pullback entry with Limit Orders
- Enter at High, Low or Close of a bar with Limit or Stop Order
- Offset entry by Ticks – i.e. Buy Stop Bar High + 1 ticks, Buy Limit Close – 1 or more Ticks
- Require Entry to be above or below High or Low of x bars ago i.e. Range or Consolidation Breakout
TRADE FILTER – ENTRY
- Open Range Breakout Filter (ORB) – Trades Long Only if Above Session Open, Trade short Only if below. Option to set a No Trade Zone (NTZ) x ticks above or below open. This filter is simple but is extremely reliable works very well in several situations and avoids small whipsaw pullbacks when the market moves big in one direction.
- Filter by BWT Precision Trend
- Filter entry by Higher Time Frame (aka HTF, Anchor Chart) Small and Large Time Frame must be in agreement to enter a trade.
- Filter by highest high or lowest low of x bars ago, and add (offset) ticks to the entry price, i.e. Buy at the Highest High of 5 bars ago plus 3 ticks.
- BWT MA Filter Set – filter by any of four different moving averages,
- Advanced Skillset Required for Professional NinjaTrader Unmanaged mode
- Complex events processing Trade Workflow to prevent order related errors – Again the importance of attention to Detail in this area is extremely Complex and beyond the skill level of your “typical” programmer for hire
- Custom Runtime Application – proper handling of order rejections, connection loss and error monitoring
TRADE FILTER – EXIT
- Unique BWT Parabolic Exit
- Also see Money Management Trail Stops
- Exit Time can be varied
Developed in NinjaTrader Professional Mode for unrivaled features, reliability and execution speed
The BWT Precision Autotrader code base is professionally written with advanced coding techniques and has many of hours of live market trading and testing. Trade with confidence in real time and real money and know that great attention and care has gone into avoiding and resolving overfills, entry and exit order errors and other potentially dangerous automated trade scenarios – including an advanced trade workflow safety engine that avoids trade related errors. Beware of any strategy that is not written in NinjaTrader’s unmanaged mode or by programmers who have never traded live. Unfortunately, this would be all or most competing autotraders in the NinjaTrade Ecosystem…Know that BWT Trading Software is written in a professional institutional grade code base, designed by a someone who has actually traded and tested in live trading.
BWT Credentials – 1st 3rd Party Automated Trading System offered in NinjaTrader in 2007
The original BWT Indicator set was called Blue Wave Trading Precision Indicators and MTS “Manual Trading System” Software . This trend following and reversal indicator used in the BWT Precision AutoTrader was an original concept and was the first suite of Indicators of it’s kind offered on the NinjaTrader Platform in 2007, see the NinjaTrader Original Press Release .
- NOTE: There are no guarantees of performance or profits. While the system is capable of trading many different time frames, trading on too small of a time frame, may not be suitable as the speed of price and bar formation could cause conflicts, especially in volitile markets. It is not necessary to trade a time frame where there are hundreds of trading opportunities. See Below for additional risk and suitability disclosure.
U.S. Government Required Disclaimer
Commodity Futures Trading Commission.*Futures, options, and spot currency trading have large potential rewards, but also large potential risk. You must be aware of the risks and be willing to accept them in order to invest in the futures and options markets. Don’t trade with money you can’t afford to lose. This website is neither a solicitation nor an offer to Buy/Sell futures or options. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those discussed on this website. The past performance of any trading system or methodology is not necessarily indicative of future results.
CFTC RULE 4.41
HYPOTHETICAL OR SIMULATED PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE CERTAIN LIMITATIONS. UNLIKE AN ACTUAL PERFORMANCE RECORD, SIMULATED RESULTS DO NOT REPRESENT ACTUAL TRADING. ALSO, SINCE THE TRADES HAVE NOT BEEN EXECUTED, THE RESULTS MAY HAVE UNDER-OR-OVER COMPENSATED FOR THE IMPACT, IF ANY, OF CERTAIN MARKET FACTORS, SUCH AS LACK OF LIQUIDITY. SIMULATED TRADING PROGRAMS IN GENERAL ARE ALSO SUBJECT TO THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DESIGNED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFIT OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN.
Futures trading contains substantial risk and is not for every investor. An investor could potentially lose all or more than the initial investment. Risk capital is money that can be lost without jeopardizing ones financial security or life style. Only risk capital should be used for trading and only those with sufficient risk capital should consider trading. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.
Hypothetical performance results have many inherent limitations, some of which are described below. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those shown. In fact, there are frequently sharp differences between hypothetical performance results and the actual results subsequently achieved by any particular trading program. One of the limitations of hypothetical performance results is that they are generally prepared with the benefit of hindsight. In addition, hypothetical trading does not involve financial risk, and no hypothetical trading record can completely account for the impact of financial risk in actual trading. For example, the ability to withstand losses or to adhere to a particular trading program in spite of trading losses are material points which can also adversely affect actual trading results. There are numerous other factors related to the markets in general or to the implementation of any specific trading program which cannot be fully accounted for in the preparation of hypothetical performance results and all of which can adversely affect actual trading results.